Tampa slip and fall injuries can be caused by a wide variety of temporary or permanent environmental factors. Property owners and managers have a legal obligation to ensure that conditions are reasonably safe for the public to use. However, being aware of the types of conditions most likely to be responsible for a slip and fall accident can help citizens identify and avoid dangerous conditions.
Indoor Causes of Slip and Falls
- Improper Floor Conditions – Guests can be injured by losing their footing on slippery floors, floors with sudden dips or rises, damaged carpets and holes in the floor itself.
- Stairs – Improperly maintained stairways can pose a significant safety risk to visitors due to debris, broken handrails or uneven surfaces.
- Exposed Cables – Guests can be seriously injured by tripping on exposed power cables and other wires when they are not properly secured.
- Insufficient Lighting – Improper lighting can make it difficult for some individuals to safely navigate an area, which may result in a traumatic slip and fall accident.
Outdoor Causes of Slip and Falls
- Improper Sidewalk Conditions – Icy sidewalks and uneven surfaces can make it difficult for guests to navigate an area safely.
- Poor Lighting – Insufficient lighting can also be responsible for slip and fall accidents outside of a building when they cause individuals to trip over parking blocks, sidewalk cracks and other obstacles.
Let Us Put Our Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys to Work for You!
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries that may require significant medical treatment. If you have been seriously injured in an accident, contact the experienced Tampa personal injury attorneys of Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today at 1-800-753-5203.