Here in central Florida, we rarely have to deal with the snow and ice that drivers face in other parts of the country this time of the year. However, it is important for local drivers to realize that driving during the holidays can still be particularly dangerous in our area due to the hectic schedules and festivities that come with our favorite celebrations.
Stay safe on the road this holiday season by slowing down and consider some of the holiday driving safe tips provided below.
- Don’t place shopping bags directly in front of airbags. If your airbags are deployed in the event of a sudden collision, lightweight items in their path may be sent flying through your vehicle.
- Give yourself some extra time. There always seem to be some unexpected delays this time of the year. Save yourself some stress and stay safe by giving yourself more time than usual to get from Point A to Point B.
- Drive sober. Holiday festivities are no excuse for reckless behavior. Plan ahead and get home safe.
- Relax. It’s a stressful time of year, but taking your frustrations out on the road is a recipe for disaster. Take a deep breath and consider turning on some of your favorite music.
- Avoid aggressive drivers. When stress gets the best of other drivers, it can lead to dangerous situations. If you encounter an aggressive driver on the road, simply get out of their way and move on with your day.
Unfortunately, even the safest drivers are sometimes involved in automotive accidents resulting in serious injury that may require the assistance of a Tampa injury attorney.
Call 24 Hours – 7 Days a Week
In the event that you are seriously injured in a car accident in our area, it is critical that you seek the assistance of a Tampa injury attorney with the knowledge and experience necessary to fight for your rights. Call Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today at 1-800-753-5203 for a free initial consultation and put our personal injury team to work for you.