When mistakes and mishaps are made while a patient is in the dental chair, a routine visit to the dentist can turn into every patient’s worse nightmare.
Dental malpractice lawyers help patients who have been seriously injured due to a dentist’s negligence fight for their rights. Seeking financial compensation for damages like additional dental expenses, loss of income and pain and suffering can help injury victims recover from their injuries.
Some of the most common types of personal injury claims that dental malpractice lawyers pursue include problems related to:
- Defective bridges, crowns and veneers: Problems with restorative dentistry involving bridges, crowns and veneers can result in significant discomfort, expenses and other complications for some patients.
- Damage to the jaw: Mistakes made during some dental procedures can result in severe damage to a patient’s jaw.
- Nerve damage: A moment of negligence or inattention can result in a mistake during a dental procedure causing significant nerve damage.
- Anesthesia errors: Mistakes made when using anesthesia on a patient can result in a variety of health complications.
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose: Failing to properly diagnose oral disease such as cancer can result in serious health complications.
- Extraction of healthy teeth: Misdiagnosis or clerical error can lead to healthy teeth being needlessly extracted in some cases of dental malpractice.
Unfortunately, dental malpractice can result in considerable discomfort and expenses for injured patients. In addition to additional dental work, victims often also have to deal with loss of income, medical expenses and other complications.
Have you been seriously injured due to medical or dental malpractice? Call our injury law team today!
An experienced Tampa medical malpractice lawyer may be able to fight for your rights if you’ve been hurt due to a healthcare provider’s carelessness. Call Abrahamson & Uiterwyk today at 1-800-753-5203 for a free initial consultation.
Because of the fact that cases involving medical malpractice injuries may be highly complex and exceedingly specific, our law firm commonly works with other law firms who have considerable experience in each particular case type. Thus, we may be referring these types of cases to a separate firm, with whom we typically associate and work with on a co-counsel basis.